Monday, December 13, 2010

Getting to know Antigua

Today we went to the Aposentos Park outside of Antigua. We rented a paddle boat and went around the lake. We ate at a stand where a lady was making tortillas frescas. We had chicken, tortillas, some orange soda, and fried potatoes. Then Dad rode the zip line. The zip line went across the lake and near a little forest. Then Mom rode the zip line. After that we went to the bus. The bus ride was very crazy. It felt like I almost cracked my head on the window, the driver was going so fast. I think we were the only people on the bus who spoke English.

Yesterday we just explored and shopped a little bit. I got a hackysack ball. We went out for breakfast and we shopped for groceries. The grocery store was very crowded. They had mustard, mayonaisse and ketchup in a bag, and instead of a dozen eggs they sold 15. The store was pretty big. There was an upstairs and a downstairs. Mom said she shopped there a lot when I was a baby. The store is called La Bogedona.

We are talking about going to Lake Atitlan. I have been taking photos and will post some soon.

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear what is going on! I am thinking about you all so much. Can't wait for photos. xoxo

    ReplyDelete