Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 4 of Antigua

Today we went to a hotel called Santo Domingo. It had parrots and ruins. There were some skeletons in there and a crazy statue, it was just sitting there by the skeletons. It was there because it was from the old city of Guatemala. There was an archaelogical museum afterward with sofas. I did not know there was a chocolate store there, too. There were 8 different flavors of chocolate. Mom got a bar of dark chocolate.

There is a volcano here and we saw it erupting black smoke. We also went to a jade museum and it was really cool, it had a necklace with the markings of my birthday and I got a piece of jade free of cost. We got a picture of some jade masks.

I bought a little round flute with 8 holes for 25 quetzales. Two holes are on the bottom and 6 are on the top. At first it was for 40 quetzales, but the price was lowered because it was a little too expensive and we didn´t want to buy it. It has a quetzal bird on it and it is very cool.

We took a ride home in a little tuk tuk cab because I was tired of walking. It was really bouncy. Tomorrow we are going to Lake Atitlan. I think it will be fun.

There's a rock 2 or 3 blocks and around the corner that I like to climb.

While Dad and I were at the house, Mom picked up our laundry and bought the tickets for Lake Atitlan (Panajachel).

No comments:

Post a Comment